blueskygreenpastures

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Forget Perth...

I am sad.

Forget about the nice long walk we took around the city.
the story he shared about the auntie whom he wanted to get chocolates for.
the cheesy bit about his love for public service,
that moved me greatly.

Forget about the nice intellectual conversation we had the first night,
over politics, hegemons and counter discourses.
Did he enjoy the epistemic exchange as much?
He must have shared a better one with her that dinner.

Forget about the meal where we took a break from academics
and he defended his shallowness.
If he was intrigued by brains and not appearance,
why did he fail to notice the one before him?
I stopped being conscious and declared us as friends,
little did I know i fell more deeply into it.

Forget about the common pursuit for knowlege
and the rush we got from envisioning the journey.
And the discussions on what we saw and heard.
Our dreams and goals,
how we aspire to join the league.

Forget about how contented I felt,
driven by him as we explored the valley.
Time seemed to stop and then stole away quickly.
His patience and quietness
as he told me I guided him to the same turn the fifth time.

Forget about how he took my crankiness, nagging
and teasing all in his stride,
yet somewhat seriously when I commented on his hair.
How he would look out for me,
and helped me along in his chivalrous uncharismatic ways.

Forget about the ice-creams we shared,
and how I was pained and happy to guide him to her heart.
Forget about how anxious he seemed
in his desire to know her better.

Haven't we shared enough to start seeing the one afront?
I did, will you?

Forget Perth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home