blueskygreenpastures

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Love in Reel Life

As I tossed and turned to yet another insomniac night
my mind filled with images of Coffee Prince #13
I was suddenly enlightened with an alternative expression
of the so-called mystery of love.

To Chan and Gyul, love is o' so sweet
not in exaggerated straining of liver and intestines
but in simplicity of Chan's hug with the assuring words
when he confided his remorse from ignorant wilfulness.


A sop queen constantly in self-denial
unlike my fellow kopi princess in unabashed forthrightness
my tear ducts stimulated as I replayed the scene
the essence of love which I realised but yet verified its existence.

It's the show of vulnerability that one exposes to the other
of which pride has no meaning.
The promise to say all unspoken, no matter how silly it seems
living in the moment, treasuring each belongedth minute
I truly understood the times it wasn't meant to be.

He was conceited - we were on unequal footing
how he loved to put me down
i should have realised
if he would never surrender his weakness
one-sided insecurity would always render me naught

He was befuddled - though he put me on the pedestal
how I resisted to roll my eyes
I eventually realised

one-sided sympathy won't add chemistry
mutual dependence makes fonder thy heart

How close to real life will this love be,
when the someone has found me at last?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger pi said...

I dunno abt love in real life but love in the reel love of CP is driving me really nuts. The extent of which they are developing the relationship between the leads is making me so envious. HELP! Find me a HK, quick :D

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home