blueskygreenpastures

Monday, January 29, 2007

birdy quotes

Bud was very smug about her ingenuity when she quoted me her latest on men being cuckoos with varying birdiness. I have to say I did not appreciate its full essence till I pondered over all the trash I have been hearing from the XDDs around me for the past week.

First it was my bro the Iddiott who was blindly (literally) head over heels with the psychotic Bwitch after he was dumped and begged his way back for the second time:
"I don't want to end this relationship on a bad note as she may become my colleague and then make hell for me in the workplace...Let me see after she manages to change her job..."
Only mom has the patience to listen to this crap and then repeat to me. A mother's love is indeed unconditional.

Then it was DY who claimed he could understood Idiott's stupidity:
"Guys can take a lot of shit for the girls they like. Like I used to do for my ex.."
For the record he is still taking a lot of grief, not from his gf but from his parents, uncles and a cancer-stricken auntie whose first concern after puking in front of him was to persuade him to leave his Malay gf:
"I don't understand why they can be so prejudiced. Can't they just leave me to deal with this myself? Even if eventually I have to face problems, suffer heartbreak...if I have to learn like this then let me do it..."
Another siao one...

The most absurb dialogue I heard was from the TVB drama "War and Beauty". Sun Baiyang the imperial physician tried to console his love, the concubine-wannabe Yuying when she failed to sleep with the king(?!?!). I burst out laughing after hearing the following (not exact diaolgue but meaning roughly):
"Your relationship with the emperor is like that of husband and wife, you do not exist just to serve him but to love him with all thoughtfulness. There are many beauties in the palace but it does not mean that he will be too distracted to notice you. As long as you love him with great sincerity and heart, he will eventually realise your love and appreciate you..."
Next Sun brings Yuying to seduce the emperor to consummate the union. Absolute crap. I bet the scriptwriter is a cuckoo too.

Ruppie makes the most sense when he gave the birdiest speech in response to DY's predicament:

"Has your friend ever thought he has to give up kway zhap forever if he continues to date the girl? When I had my first girlfriend who was a Malay, it was painful having to give up kway zhap and eventually I couldn't take it and had to hide at home to eat my kway zhap. Kway zhap is one of the best things in life to give up on. It's such a small thing yet it brings so much joy to life. Pls remind your friend that..."
He said this with so much conviction and passion that I could hear the ghost of a deafening applause from all of us in the room. That persuaded Justin the angmoh to try kway zhap during lunch...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Enchanted One said...

I will not give up Pig Organ Soup for anyone !

9:01 AM  
Blogger minty said...

at the end of the day, still it is an xdd who made sense with a relevation that could be woven into the next borat script...

xdd... something i need to learn to quit...

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home