blueskygreenpastures

Sunday, December 24, 2006

X'mas resolution 2: Clear some clutter outta my life!

Housekeeping has never been my forte. My colleagues use me as the benchmark for workstation cleanliness... thank goodness there is no clean desk policy in place in my company or else my boss, "Mr Carrier Man" for his red and white striped shirt would have added this to my list of sins (underneath 'disclosing P&C HR info in 5th Anniversary speech' and 'wearing red Chuck Taylors' among others) in his black notebook. While my workstation remains in catatrophic conditions, I am working towards clearing some clutter from my life and here is my proposed wholistic approach:

1. Clearing my room - I have spent this evening unpacking my luggage from Perth (some of the stuff inside were packed for Korea, passed down to Europe and then to Perth) and finally placed my luggage case in its restful position. Felt a tinge of sadness and loss as it was a conclusion to my jetsetting lifestyle in 2006. I wish I am back in London - the long walks at night, breakfast at Pret a Manger reading on Taiwanese politics, or among the theatre crowd at the interlude... I also packed away the many birthday and X'mas gifts of love from my friends and those that are not in my bursting wardrobe are in the neat blue China bag that the DWPers + SC have given me for my 28th birthday pack. Next on the agenda will be reorganising my books and notes which are stacked at the side almost reaching the ceiling and relocating my bookshelf, then I will be very set for a new academic semester in 2007. Gambatte neh XY!

2. Clearing my mind of neurotic excesses and memories which shouldn't be kept ie the regrettables aka PMM, the Fairfield shortie and the square from Times Bookshop days ...

3. Moving on from people who don't deserve my time - I shan't spend time naming these individuals

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger pi said...

BUD!!! Yes, we dun have much time to waste on those who dun deserve. Next year, we'll be moving to better life, better men, better everything! How many more Christmas resolutions will you have? For me, I dun dare put up any resolutions; one thing at a time - get rid of stinky job first, then talk about moving on to accomplishing bigger things :D

Let's have a BIG trip in 2007 + start to learn keyboard!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Enchanted One said...

ha ha ha ! I remember the fairfield shortie !!! it sounds like yesterday when we all were waiting for buses to go to school early in the morning !

2:04 AM  
Blogger blueskygreenpastures said...

Three resolutions are enough for me this X'mas. So far, I have been doing pretty well. Resolution 1 is in place and expected to go full force after tomorrow; Resolution 2 is in progress and more home improvement coming up; I finally kept my promise to keep in touch with my train mates, Marius and couple old classmates, so Resolution 3 is in good shape!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home