blueskygreenpastures

Thursday, December 21, 2006

X'mas resolution 1: Stay off attached men

Contrary to Bud's suggestion (albeit jokingly) that I should be a "scheming third party", I am going to stay off attached men. To start with, here is what I am going to do:

1. Getting down from forgetting to ignoring Perth: Seems like this friendship might even be hard to keep, especially when he wasn't even there to produce a listening ear as promised when I really needed someone to help sort out my thoughts re my academic direction. I know his gf is not in town now but I'm so not going to use the chance to get closer as per San's advice. My time deserves to be better used for ...

the following exceptions:

1. Ruppie: We are planning to wear matching matching red and white sneakers with jeans, as part of our campaign to raise $ for Children's Cancer Society. Have to take my hat over to Jen for coming out with such an ingenious idea (ie excuse) for us to break company rules. This is what I would call "everyday politics" (this might be a good blog category to apply all the political theories I have been picking up from school so as to ensure whatever loads of academic excesses I have hoarded in my brain will not degenerate into neurosis and diffuse into streams of consciousness and haunt me in nightmares -- I think the first signs of it are showing...oh no!)

2. The fluffy "Bless u" langzai: I am inviting him to breakfast on Saturday. It started just with the two of us but then I am asking another girlfriend and Ruppie along for double date sharing a whole table of carrot cake, fried kway teow, laksa, po piah...

3. The date I have been waiting for - Francis: I can't believe I have to put in so much effort in order to see Francis on Saturday - two trips to the post office and hunting over my drawers, not for the ideal outfit, but for my PDL, so that I can resume my driving lesson after a lapse of three months! I'm very sure Francis is so looking forward to this date too, he has been mentioning about me to Bud many a times. Oooooh.... absense makes the heart grow fonder...LOL...

And in order that I can fulfill this X'mas resolution, I am going to spend most of the X'mas holiday with thoughts of married male academics...




The READINGS...ok?!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Enchanted One said...

Honestly, if I were you I wld hv stayed away fr perth e moment he got attached. I think it's nt e time 2b kind 2 others but cruel 2 urself.

12:10 AM  
Blogger blueskygreenpastures said...

U r probably right BB; he's the only like-minded friend I have in this often-lonely academic pursuit. But as I have told Bud, I have done it all alone before and I can do it again on my own. There is just one more dinner appointment to keep with Perth and another friend. After that I'll stay away.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home