blueskygreenpastures

Friday, January 05, 2007

People lost & found

Bren the Supremest Rattling Queen,
wrote a simple yet touching account
her Year of Lost & Found
inspired by Bud's "Return of Bren".
Hate to admit but the sappy-averse me
felt severely nostalgic -
the times we hanged out
and took turns to embarass one another
with loud, excessive talking and hearty laughter
oblivious of the world around us.
Thanks Bren for finding me
It wasn't my graciousness
your generosity reunited us.

Wanying the old secondary friend,
whom I finally met over lunch
4 years since we last met.
The same old careless manner
and the awkward apology
for not keeping in touch
made me greatly amused
but what was the warm fuzzy feeling
that was swelling within the belly?
Not the meal of cos
it just felt good to catch up.

Wee Leong the evergreen ah beng
puffing as I saw him at the coffeeshop
Aged and fatigued he looked
did I appear the same to him?
Comforted he's come to terms
with his oldest profession
But why the tinge of sadness
I couldn't quite pinpoint
Was it the that lostness I thot
that remained in him
or was it in me who couldn't
quite let go?
Thank you for the old cliched tale
of how we got you back in school
Perhaps I did want that memory
Congrats on finally moving on
May you get it altogether my friend.

Bren, Wanying and Wee Leong -
Friends who were lost & found
They never really departed
as they stay in my cellage
They come, go and re-emerge
Don't we all move on
but they are still there and there
till one makes the move
to rekindle the touch.


4 Comments:

Blogger Enchanted One said...

how on earth did you people manage to write so darn well ? =p

3:18 AM  
Blogger blueskygreenpastures said...

Thanks Bren! This is indeed flattering coming from one of my fav bloggers! I enjoy writing in unrhymed verse but at the same time I compromise expressing some of my thoughts. Not too happy about this one actually; what I did not manage to express is that especially with my two other friends is that we have established "non-intrusiveness" into each other's lives. Does this sound too abstract? Hehe backtrack a bit - though I have moved on, Forget(The-place-which-shalt-not-be-named) is still my proudest work :P

7:50 PM  
Blogger Enchanted One said...

Gal, I have no idea what is the whole unrhymed / non-intrusiveness - only got the Forget part

5:31 AM  
Blogger pi said...

somehow the weeleong's part just got me. it's piognant and i hope he has it well in the road ahead :)

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home